Friday, November 11, 2005

Long time since I was here.

I'm a pretty useless blogger, aren't I? It's ages since I posted here, and it feels like a fair bit's happened.

I'm probably too tired to update it now (and I'm trying to watch the telly!) but in summary, Mrs T was really upset when her period started last month, and I - being a man - didn't really notice and therefore we didn't talk about it. When we finally did, she said that when it started she felt she never wanted to make love again. I guess the cycle of build-up and disappointment is beginning to get heavier.

Thankfully we have made love since. A fertile time was approaching and we had to consciously decide to make love "because we both want too," rather than with any thought of pregnancy. We then went on do it every night for a while, so I guess it worked, but I'll admit some worries about next time she's due. I must be ready for whatever emotions are flung up this month. Of course I hope the emotions will be good ones.

3 comments:

Wendy Orrison and Holly Snyder said...

This is all too familiar territory for those of us who have suffered loss and tried to move on afterward. Hoping you're doing well.

Gabicus Rex said...

My wife suffers from PMS so I know a week or so in advance before my wife begins to menstruate.

My wife is on the other side of the country at this time so I'm not quite as attuned to her emotional state as I usually am. It also makes it hard for us to work on our 2nd child and that's causing a bit of stress to my wife too besides what's she's experiencing now with her mother.

The bottom line for from my ramblings is not to fret too much about hitting the mark. Nature will work it out. I have heard many stories from parents that have tried to concieve and the common thread usually is they become pregnant after all the tension and fears are put behind them.

Treggles said...

Thanks Holly and G Rex for stopping by again.

Mrs T, too (though we call it PMT over here!). But some months even she doesn't realise quite why she's feeling so snappy. Until it starts.

Today is day 29, so any day now...