Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Day One again

I knew my hopes of a 'false negative' were rather ambitious: Mrs T started her period this morning. That means we'e back at Day One of her cycle and ready to start again.

"Am I or aren't I?" had been taking up too much of her mind for the last few days, so it was good to hear her say that she'd not thought about it much yesterday. Of course she'd taken the First Response test which had at least answered the question, but in a general sense we don't want this to be the one think which occupies all out thoughts. A baby would be great, and we would consider it a blessing from God, but we want to trust that His plan for us is the right one and if it doesn't involve children then we'll want to know what it does involve instead. For the time being, we'll continue to hope that it does.

A friend from church is popping round for a drink this evening, and will want to pray with us. We'll not be sharing this story with her. There are other things to pray about. As we're going to see the consultant tomorrow we might have a chat with one of the few friends who does now about this and ask them to pray.

As for me, I'm home sick today - my first day off sick for about four years. I started with a very upset stomach on Sunday and my system hasn't been right since. Today is a day for staying at home, resting, and eating nothing.

1 comment:

Gabicus Rex said...

I thought we had a tough pregnancy what with my wife's cancer and subsequent surgery, her gall bladder surgery and then the cesarean but I can't imagine what you both are going through at this moment.

Thanks for posting to my blog otherwise I wouldn't have the opportunity to read this until Blogger randomly picked it.

All I can say is don't give up. As long as the doctors don't say you have absolutely no chance of having a child you should keep trying. The hard part is having to deal with the pain of the loss when it doesn't take.

With faith and hope things work out.

I myself always said I never wanted to be a parent but here I am making every decision now based on the welfare of my family without a second thought about myself.

Cheers and good luck to you and yours.